Discover New Zealand your way, travelling at your own pace between our major cities and world famous tourism regions. Start your adventure in Auckland driving south to Rotorua, a geothermal wonderland of mineral springs, bubbling mud pools and geysers. Head further south to reach our sophisticated cultural city of Wellington.
Cross Cook Strait to the South Island on board the Interislander ferry, cruising into the beautiful Marlborough Sounds to arrive in Picton. Explore creative Nelson, home to a thriving local arts and crafts and then head to Greymouth renowned for its Greenstone & Franz Josef township just five kilometres from the glacier of the same name.
Visit picturesque Queenstown, the exciting year round alpine resort. Explore stunning Lake Tekapo, famous for it’s turquoise colour before heading to Christchurch where your spectacular journey completes.Includes:
- 14 days hire of a ZIP Rentals Nissan Tiida (auto) or similar
- 13 nights selected accommodation taking in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Nelson, Greymouth, Franz Josef, Queenstown, Lake Tekapo & Christchurch.
- Interislander Ferry Crossing from Wellington to Picton
- Polynesian Spa Standard Private Pools Entry in Rotorua
- Half Day Twin Regions Wine Tour ex Nelson
VIP Members: Receive FREE Skyline Gondola Ride in QueenstownThe standard of accommodation that is used for this package 3-3.5 star motel standard,
- Day 1Arrive Auckland
- Arrive in Auckland and collect rental car and stay 1 night
- Day 2Auckland to Rotorua
230 km and 3½hr driveDepart Auckland to Rotorua and stay 2 nights
- Day 3Rotorua
- At Rotorua, get a chance to explore the region.
- Day 4Rotorua to Wellington
460 km and 6hr driveDepart Rotorua to Wellington and stay 2 nights
- Day 5Wellington
- Free day in Wellington to explore
- Day 6Wellington to Nelson
Go to the ferry terminal and get the Interislander ferry from Wellington to Picton on a 3hr journey. Rental car goes on the ferry.
135 km and 2hr driveArrive in Picton and drive to Nelson and stay 2 nights
- Day 7Nelson
- At Nelson, Enjoy a Half Day Twin Regions Wine Tour
- Day 8Nelson to Greymouth
290 km and 4hr driveDepart Nelson drive to Greymouth and stay 1 night
- Day 9Greymouth to Franz Josef
180 km and 2½hr driveDepart Greymouth to Franz Josef and stay 1 night
- Day 10Franz Josef to Queenstown
385 km and 6hr driveDepart Franz Josef to Queenstown and stay 2 nights
- Day 11Queenstown
- A free day in Queenstown and a chance to explore the region & enjoy your Skyline Gondola & luge ride
- Day 12Queenstown to Lake Tekapo
260 km and 3 hr driveDepart Queenstown to Lake Tekapo and stay 1 night
- Day 13Lake Tekapo to Christchurch
225 km and 3½hr driveDepart Lake Tekapo to Christchurch and stay 1 night
- Day 14 DepartChristchurch
- Return rental car and depart Christchurch
Note all prices are in New Zealand Dollars and are based Twin/Double share. Prices were correct at the time of submission (Mar17)
Valid for sale until 31 August 2017. Valid for travel 01 May - 30 September 2017.
Surcharges & black out periods may apply, particularly during June/July when the Lions Rugby Tour is in New Zealand.
Car hire excess conditions apply: Excess of NZ$2500 + GST applies and will be frozen on a credit card upon collecting the vehicle. Excess reduction options are available, please enquire.
Pick up and drop off hours for car hire are 8am - 5pm daily. After hours pick up and drop off can be arranged for an additional fee. Car parking fees may apply at some hotels.
For further information on this package please quote #578214.